THE TASK OF IDENTIFICATION PART 1






THE TASK OF IDENTIFICATION


Who do you think you are? Well I’m glad you asked. I can as most assertive people, be able to give you a clear description of who I am.


But few people can actually boast of a definite description of who they are. And no, I don’t mean your physical features or the works you have accomplished in your time on earth so far.


I am talking about a clear concise one paragraph personal statement of who you are. Most employers when asking for your personal objective in your resume are really just asking you to describe yourself in one paragraph. 


Most prospective employees sadly, copy the identification of someone else or something fancy off the internet.


In identifying who you are, there are some sub questions that will help in your definition. Now this is more like an appraisal of the exact thought you have for yourself. 


WHAT AM I 


When you look in the mirror, what do you see? What does your reflection tell you? If your reflection tells you something negative, then I must ask you what you have been feeding your mind. What are the foundations that shape your thoughts?


You may not be responsible for the environment you were born or the experiences you had growing up. But, whatever you eventually become is a conscious decision to either be the victim of circumstance or be the victor over stereotypes – Olabisi Oluyele Adebiyi


So change what you feed your spirit, heart and mind through your eye gate, your ear gate and your mouth gate. If you have never had to before, you need to become a hawk over the things you allow into your life through those gates.


WHAT CAN I DO?


I don’t mean being the neighborhood champion of PS4. When you think of yourself what are the things your hands and mind can create that are not self-centered but are towards meeting the needs of other people. 


You should also be thinking of social responsible actions that help other people be better or to experience life in an improved way.

Now I want you to think about the things I have discussed above. I suggest you write down your thoughts. That way, they can be articulated and accountable. I would be concluding on the task of identification next week.

Shalom
Yele

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IDENTITY CRISIS

COMMITMENT PHOBIA